How to submit articles, suggestions, and comments
We have lots of smart and caring people in our community. Providing homes for people who want them has been thought about and talked about forever. If you want to contribute to solutions, please consider adding your ideas to this website.
Comments and Suggestions
- Your views are welcome — please write. There’s plenty of room for other viewpoints, and all members of the community should feel free to submit articles. Please start a dialogue through the “Contact Us” form and we can go from there.
- Any typographical errors, bad links, missing information: Please take a moment to point it out so it can be fixed.
- Errors of fact: We’re not perfect. If you see what you believe to be a factual error, please bring it to our attention. Thank you.
- Difference of opinion: Yes, please speak up. Be specific if possible — if you are referring to a particular line or paragraph in an article, include that info. If considered helpful, your comments may be put in-line (at that point in the article), at the end, or in a separate article. Please indicate if you want your name included or not.
- Supportive opinions: Same as above.
- Messages of appreciation: Of course ! We want this site to be of value to you.
Articles and ideas for articles
- If you have an idea for an article and want to run it by us first, please send a message and we’ll talk about what you have in mind.
- If you have a ready-to-go article, great. Again, write to us and we’ll go from there.
- Feel that some area of value is missing? Looking for certain information and not finding it? Please write. If you want it, probably other readers will too. It could be an article we’ve had “on the list” or it could be a a topic we’ve been meaning to jump into — or it could be something new that we’d never thought about. In any case, let us know your thoughts.
- Politics: Pretty much stay clear of that stuff. Except as it applies to land-use issues, of course.
- As time goes on, this website will expand. Right now the emphasis is on the Gateway plan because of how greatly these decisions will affect the future of Arcata.
- This website reserves the right to modify, edit, alter, or delete a contribution at any time. Permission from the original author is not required but general courtesies will be followed. By contributing content of any and all sorts to this website, the contributor does not have the right to insist that such content be published. By contributing to this website, the contributor retains copyright rights and gives permission for this website to utilize in any matter deemed appropriate, including reprinting the material or sections of it in other formats. These terms may be changed at any time without prior notice and will be in effect on a going-forward basis.